Friday, July 24, 2009

New Venture

So I finally have something to write about that is exciting! Since graduation finding a job has been hard work! I have applied my butt off and have only had a hand full of interviews. So I have decided to take matters into my own hands. What better way to get a job than to start your own business! I know this sounds crazy but I'm really excited about this. My mom and I were watching tv the other day and saw an interview with a lady who own a company called Young Chefs Academy (YCA). Its a cooking school for kids from ages 3 and up. The concept is that you teach the kids to cook, etiquette, setting the table, and proper clean up. You hold weekly classes, birthday parties, field trips, summer camps, and more.

This sounds PERFECT was my first thought! So I went to the world wide web and looked into YCA. They offer franchising opportunities so I have been looking into them. I have a meeting with the franchising manager on Tuesday. The catch is I have to sell my dad on the idea. I need the financial backing from my mom and dad. Mom is pretty much on board but dad is still on the fence. As far as David he is supporting me on this. We both know its going to be hard work and is a risky thing to do but I am willing to make it work.

So since I found out about YCA on Wednesday I have requested information from YCA, set up a meeting with YCA, looked into retail space, and done as much research on YCA as I can. My dad told me that if I wanted this I would have to research everything and figure it all out. I am hoping that after Tuesday I have a lot of my questions answered and can go back to my parents and tell them why we should buy into YCA. Well that's all I know for now. I'll keep you posted on what I learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment