Thursday, September 10, 2009

New things

Well as most of you are aware I have taken on a new challenge. I will be the new assistant general manager for Comfort Suites starting in about two weeks. I received an offer letter yesterday and accepted yesterday evening. I am so excited to finally begin a career! This is going to be a great experience for me. I am going to learn sooo much about the hotel industry. I think is my previous post I explained the job in greater detail so feel free to read that one too.

So along with accepting this new job I have to quit my current job. So today with a very nervous stomach I went into HR and turned in my resignation letter. The HR manager along with many other fellow co-workers are all disappointed yet excited for me. I had many people tell me today that I am brave for going into a limited service hotel vs a full service hotel. At the same time they all understand what a great learning experience this will be for me. I am going to miss the Doubletree. I like the people there. They are all so friendly and nice. I really enjoy the environment. Even though I have only been at the Doubletree for 4 weeks I feel like I know everyone. I was scared to tell my boss today. I felt like I was letting him down somehow. Thankfully he was also in the HR office when I was and by the time I could tell him what was going on he already knew. The only bad thing is they want me to finish out my two weeks. I was really hoping that I would just be able to leave today and not return but not so much the case...oh well. Its funny the week I decide to leave they schedule me 20.5 hours...which is the most I have had in one week since I started. Oh and also I had two other places call this week to set up interviews...its crazy! When one place wants ya' they all want ya'!

Other new things....I am really enjoy evening tea these days. Hot tea that is. Its so yummy! We are also getting new pillows for our couch! We currently have some crummy pillows that have very little support. When I say pillows I mean the back seat cushions on the couch. Today my mother-in-law brought me some test pillows. I'm currently test some out right now and they are great! The next step is to buy 4 more and cover them with my current pillow fabric...I love a good crafty project :) Another new thing is my hand-me-down Tupperware from my grandma! I love hand-me-down kitchen stuff. Its the best!

It truly is the little things in life that make me happy! I hope you all are able to find the little things as well! Love to all as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment