Monday, October 12, 2009

UPDATE:

Its been forever since my last update. The last three weeks have been super CRAZY! We have been busy moving my grandparents, having an estate sale at David's grandparents, and getting use to me working 40 hours a week.

Moving my grandparents was not very eventful so we will just skip that part and move on to the estate sale. The sale went well. David and I worked a combined total of 40 hours over the weekend. Selling everything and anything people would buy. So many interesting, kind, and strange....very strange people wondered their way through the sell. The most memorable was Tabby...yes like the cat. She bought close to 200 dollars worth of what I would consider junk, but it was treasure to her. The kicker was she couldn't take it home with her that afternoon because her husband was home! Can you say hoarder? This lady was nuts! I'm still not sure if she has ever returned to pick up her items.

Aside from Tabby we had so many people tell us they were going us the items they bought to help others in need. We had an overwhelming amount of ceramic Christmas trees and the last one to be bought was by a gentlemen who was going to use it to decorate a hospice patients room at Christmas time because they had no family to decorate their room. This was only one of the many inspiring stories we heard over the course of the weekend.

So moving people and selling others stuff is not all I have been up to...I have also been working 40 hours a week 5 days a week. Over the past three weeks I have been getting use to working in the real world. I have just completed three weeks of training in IL for my new job and now hopefully this week I will be able to move to my permanent property in St. Charles which is wayyyy closer to home. I really look forward to the short commute! Driving over an hour in downtown traffic sucks! I am really enjoying my new job. Its going to be hard work but well worth it in the end.

Managing work life and home life is also taking some getting use to. By the time I get home in the evening all I want to do is veg out in front of the TV and do nothing! Which is fine most nights but some nights I really do need to work on things around the house...I kinda want to go back to college life...maybe...not really!

Till next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment