Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's the deal...

Remember when I blogged about my new job as an Assistant General Manager? Well forget all about that. It turns out after two weeks on the job I wasn't a good fit(there is more to the story, but honestly I'm over it and don't want to really go into detail). So that was about four weeks ago when they let me go. For the past two weeks I have been back at the Doubletree working which is where I was prior to taking the other job. I am totally okay with not being the AGM. Truly it was a blessing in disguise. I am so happy to be back at the Doubletree. Everyone has been so welcoming and happy to see me again.

So over that last month I have been doing some thinking...thinking about graduate school that is. I'm going to return to grad school and go for a Masters in Elementary Education. My whole growing up I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to teach so bad I played school every night with my best friend in her basement. We had grade books, planners, a chalk broad, and a whole invisible class of students(who were generally made up of the students in our own class).

I have weighed the options of just receiving my teacher certification from UMSL vs. my Masters from Lindenwood University and I think that Lindenwood is the better choice. Both schools would take about the same amount of time so I figure if that's the case then going for the Masters is the way to go!

So here I go on a new journey. It will take about two and a half to three years to get done with all my schooling. I plan to remain at the Doubletree while going to school which is going to work out great because both my school schedule and work schedule are both flexible.

I guess I should let everyone know how David is since this blog is about both of us...He is doing great! He is a month away from being done with EMT class and receiving is EMT License. This week he has done clinicals at a local hospital in the ER. Yesterday he saw a trauma where the patient had blood squirting from their head....yes their head! I'm so proud of him for working so hard over the last few months between EMT class and actual daily work. David also recently got a phone call from Wright City Fire to be a part of their upcoming Fire Academy. The Academy starts in February and its a FREE way for David to earn his Firefighter 1&2 which he needs to get on a paid department. He is really looking forward to when he is done taking classes and can get back to fighting fire.

As you can tell we both have a lot of new and exciting things going on. Please keep us in your prayers as we begin to take these next steps in life together. We are truly blessed to have the wonderful support of our friends and family behind us.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dani good for you! Love you girl and praying for you and David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two have been busy! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete