Monday, August 24, 2009

Gone Floatin'

This past weekend David and I took a much needed getaway. We went on our annual float trip with the guys from BCFD Station 5. It was a blast! We headed down to Eminence MO on Friday and floated on Saturday and came home Sunday. We got to upgrade from tents to cabins this year! The cabins were nice but the beds not so much. We sank into the middle of the bed but on the upside we had the AC in our room so we were cool all night long. So funny story....half way through the float David tells me that he lost his wedding ring! You might be wondering if I was mad but not really (that might have been because I was a little intoxicated by this point). So we looked around a little bit in the river but no luck. It was gone. And really its okay. Its all part of life and we just gotta keep on going. So the solution is to buy a "cheap" ring and then once we can afford a new "nice" one we buy a new one. So lesson learned...next year keep the ring at the campsite! All in all it was a great weekend. We go to spend time with you friends from Columbia and we learned a great life lesson.

On Sunday when we got back we headed to my mom and dad's to celebrated my mom's birthday. We had pizza with her, Dad, Jordan, Aunt Tina, and Grandma and Grandpa. A nice family dinner....NOT! I have recently came to the conclusion that my family is crazy! Every time I see them is something new with them. Grandma is always trying to pawn something off on me or my mom. See Grandma is moving for the first time 42 years and now has to downsize. So rather than just giving her stuff away to Goodwill she wants to give it to us. We don't want it!!!! There is no nice way to tell her that though. On top of my grandma moving Davids mom and dad are cleaning out his grandparents house so there's more stuff that people keep trying to give us. I don't want hand-me-downs! I know free is good but I have all I need. And if I don't have it I don't need it. Plus I have no room for anything else! I say rather than giving me stuff just buy me a house. That way I can fill my house with all their stuff! Oh well. I guess I should just be thankful that people are thinking of me and wanting to help me.

Aside from all of the above I started my new job. I worked one day last week. It was okay. Its basically setting up the afternoon break out sessions for the afternoon conferences then waiting for them to be done and breaking the food down once they are done. Its easy. I'll be training next week still. I work three days and I'll reevaluate the job again after those three days.

That's all for now. Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment