Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lifes a waiting game

So life has been a waiting game the past week. I was offered a job at the Doubletree in Chesterfield as a conference sever and I ACCEPTED!! But now I have not idea when I am going to start! They called me THREE weeks ago! They checked with my references, sent me for a drug test, did a criminal background check, and still nothing! Its Tuesday people! Come on! Time is money....especially when you have no money but A LOT of time. So here I am still waiting.

While I have been waiting I finished up watching my little brother Jordan while he waited for school to start back up. He is in 4th grade now! Its crazy how fast he is grown up. So I was spending my days with him but now I'm at home again trying to keep busy.

Lets see what else....We were house sitting two weeks ago for some family friends. It went well. Holly the dog was a little crazy okay A LOT crazy! But we love love her anyway. We got to take their boat out and see all the fancy house on the lake that are way outta my price range! David and Jordan did some fishing. And other than that we just hung out at the house. Which btw had a zillion door leading to the outside! CREEPY! But so peaceful out on the lake at the same time.

Oh we went to my uncle's 70th birthday party this past Sunday. It was great. Got to see all my mom's family and have delicious birthday cake! Here's what I learned Sunday...old people are RUDE! They barked orders, pushed you out of the way, wanted to know your whole life story, were cranky and wanted to correct everything you were doing wrong...well what they thought was wrong! It was so ridiculous. It truly makes me never want to get old. I should mention that it wasn't my uncle who was rude, it was all the old people that live at the retirement home with him. All in all good to spend time with family.

Also this weekend we attended our first wedding since ours. It was nice to be the guest again rather than the bride. It was an outdoor wedding too...my first. It was so nice! The only thing the Pastor had to talk over was the airplanes taking off from the small airport near by. It made for great memories :)

Lastly in all this waiting I heard about another job. My mom's boss Linda has a niece who is looking for an assistant. The niece is the GM at a hotel in St. Charles. I sent her my resume and I'm waiting to hear back from her. Hopefully I hear back from her soon. This job could be more full time and include benefits which I am not getting either at the Doubletree. So we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Guess that's it for now...I'm heading back to the waiting room I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment